Real Futures was invited to participate in the Carnarvon Community College “HECSPO” our Health and Careers Expo on Thursday 18th of August 2022.
Carnarvon Community College has considered Real Futures a valuable Community Partner in assisting their students to their future Career Pathways.
The aim of HECSPO was to bring together all organisations and people that collectively make up our community to interact with the students at Carnarvon Community College. The aim was to deliver interactive displays for the students and this was achieved with success.
Students had adventures in participant services stalls and gained an insight into industry practices, career opportunities, qualifications, and attributes to inform their decision making of possible post school pathways within and beyond the community.
Through this experience, we were able to inspire students to stay engaged with school, access the education and training opportunities on offer and develop the knowledge, skills and attributes required by organisation.
The expo was attended by various health services and employers from local and within the Region.
This event was also a successful opportunity for Real Futures to acquire opportunities for Real Futures Aspirants. Numbers of traineeship opportunities that are and will be available.
- WA MAIN ROADS – Technical Traineeship-engineering, business traineeship, materials traineeship, civil construction apprenticeship, cadetship.
Graduate Programs will be also offered:
- RIO TINTO– offers Apprentice Program, Vacation program, Graduate Program Traineeship Program, School Bases Traineeship, and Scholl Based Work Experience.
- WESTERLY CONTRACTING– current Traineeship
- CONSTRUCTION FUTURES CTF- Try a Trade Programme
- HORIZON POWER – also will have Traineeship in the very near future, current position available Business service Officer
- HARVEST ROAD- BRICK HOUSE- offers traineeship and looking for experience station hand.
- TATTARANG- NINGALOO LIGHT HOUSE– Resort construction to start next year with the 2 years expected completion. Numbers of vacancies that will be available from construction to operation.
- SHIRE OF CARNARVON- General Service Officer – Waste Services, Parks & Gardens; and General Service Officer – Works.
The Expo was a great opportunity to meet with various regional services that Real Futures are looking forward to collaborating in the future and supporting the community, especially young people.
We had great interaction with the students, learning what they wanted to be in the future.
It was a heart-warming to hear when some students remarked what Real Futures do in the community and how they have supported their families and relatives.